Ten Dirtiest Things In Your Home
Bath tubs, remote controls, and doorknobs are just a few of the filthiest things in many homes. With summer approaching and kids being at home, here's a list of the top ten things you may want to clean in your home:At number 10, it's something that we all touch, and it probably doesn't even cross our minds to clean it. You guessed it, a doorknob! A doorknob is used to close or open doors and each family member touches one or more every day. It is the home for many germs and dirt.At number 9, it's something that every household has and it's used to hold more than just what it was built for. Are you thinking about your refrigerator? Yes, the fridge is used to store food and beverages but can also be the home for dirt, grime, dust, spoiled foods, and excess goop. At number 8, is behind appliances and other household items. Think about how dirty it is under beds, behind the microwave or toaster. These places are out of sight and out of mind. However, they collect a lot of dust, dirt, and other surprising things.At number 7, a place where everyone likes to make messes and do work. Your kitchen counters. Kitchen counters are used for many things. You may use your counter as a desk, a place to sit, and you also use it to make your meals. The kitchen counter is very absorbent to germs and bacteria.At number 6, it's something below everyone's fingers. Your computer's keyboard and mouse. These two things collect dust, bacteria, and crumbs among other things.At number 5, it's something that every American wants their hands on and wants to be in charge of. Yep, it's defiantly the remote control, The remote is by far one of the dirtiest things in your home. It is held by many people, dropped on the floor, in between coach cushions and etc. It is a home to a lot of dirt.Something we use every day and hopefully twice a day. The toothbrush comes in at number 4. The toothbrush is a cleaner itself therefore it probably holds some dirt. The toothbrush not only cleans the gunk out of your teeth but is often kept close to the toilet. Airborne germs and bacteria can collect on a toothbrush making it the top 4 dirtiest things in your home. At number 3, something that makes a lot of noise, gets some abuse, and is held by your hand, and used with your mouth. It's the telephone! The telephone is germy because you hold it with your hand, and it collects germs from your mouth and ears. It can be portable so it could be found anywhere.In second place, we are getting closer and closer to the dirtiest thing in your home. Hopefully we have you thinking and maybe even a little disgusted. But at number 2 we have the kitchen drain. The kitchen drain is used to wash hands and wash dishes so no wonder it gets so dirty. Not only does it have germs from your hands, but it could get a stench from left over foods hanging around. There may be more going down your drain that just water.Finally, the dirtiest thing in your home! It's something that everyone uses everyday at least once and your body comes into contact with. The bathtub! The tub is a place where you remove all of your dirt and grime; therefore it collects some itself. Did you think that the dirt just went down the drain? Well, it actually just lingers making your bathtub the dirtiest place in your home. In recent studies it has been proven to be dirtier than your toilet. There you have it, the 10 dirtiest places in your home! Does it have you in the mood to do a little spring cleaning before the kids are home all summer? After reading about the dirtiest places we hope we have given you an idea of where to clean the hardiest. Happy Cleaning!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Forum News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE FORUM NEWS
RECENT THE FORUM CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections